Launch of European Start-up of the Year Challenge
FoodNexus is excited to announce the official launch of the “European Agrofood Start-up of the Year Challenge”, which took place in Wageningen, the Netherlands on 17 May 2017.
More than 500 participants were present, when Martijn van Dam, The Dutch Minister of Agriculture gave his speech and officially launched the challenge.
In this challenge, initiated by FoodNexus, we’re looking for the most promising food or agrotech start-ups in Europe. The challenge consists of national selection rounds in seven European countries, followed by a European final. The seven participating countries are:
- Denmark (For FoodNexus Nordic – DK, SE, NO, PL, D)
- Spain (For FoodNexus Iberia – ES, PT)
- The Netherlands
The European final will take place in Wageningen, the Netherlands on 13 December 2017. The winner will receive a cash prize as well as business development support from high-level mentors and leading European food companies.
Why participate? The benefits for all participating start-ups are:
- Connecting- and validating your business with European investors and food companies
- High-quality support in working with large food companies through the Corporate-Startup Engagement program
- Strong communication and visibility benefits through the FoodNexus consortium.
To stay updated on the next national round and learn more about the requirements for participating, check out the challenge website and subscribe to be the first informed, or follow the updates on the FoodNexus website.
So if you want to pitch your food or agrotech start-up to a European audience and work with leading food companies, stay tuned for the European Agrofood Start-up of the Year Challenge!